In a world increasingly propelled by technology, university research is the foundation of any nation's economic growth; and BITS Ghaziabad is committed to basic long-term research in frontier areas.
BITS Ghaziabad has made concerted efforts to align its R&D focus with the national goal of achieving technological self-reliance. Students and faculty conduct research projects in thrust areas of science and engineering. The institute has ongoing academic and research collaborations with many national and international universities, governments and industries in order to keep pace with expanding frontiers of knowledge and global developments; it is also constantly in touch with national needs. Its pre-eminent position at the cutting-edge of research is reflected in its impressive list of research projects, which cater to both our national needs and global developments.
Research is the backbone of academics. It simplifies concept building and transforms new ideas into innovations in pursuance of a new era of passion for researches. Each finding gives immense pleasure and multiplies enthusiasm towards achieving target.
The Research and Development Cell aims to nurture research culture in the College by promoting research in newly emerging and challenging areas of Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities. It encourages the students and faculty to undertake the research in newly emerging frontier areas of Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities including multidisciplinary fields. This enhances the general research capability of budding technocrats by way of participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, project competition, etc.
The Research and Development Cell is functioning with the following objectives:
- To create awareness and opportunities in Research and Development among the students & faculty and to create Research and Development atmosphere in every department;
- To create interest and atmosphere among the staff members to take up Research projects and improve their knowledge, skills and qualifications by registering Ph. D’s;
- To motivate the faculty members of the group for R&D activities in the area of their specialization;
- To encourage staff members and students to publish technical papers for publishing in National and reputed International Conferences/Journals;
- To encourage faculty members of all the disciplines in Engineering/Science /Humanities in R&D activities for their professional growth;
- To undertake research activities and development projects offered by agencies such as ISRO, DRDO, CSIR, DST, AICTE, UGC, DBT, INFOSYS, etc.
- To assist the students to apply funding for conducting research under student project scheme to various funding agencies like TNSCST, IEI (I), DRDO, TCS, Infosys etc.;
- To assist for applying and getting funds for conducting Seminar/Workshop/FDP from various available funding agencies;
- To facilitate the growth of research activity among the academic community, including developing mechanisms and targets to achieve this;
- To develop and coordinate strategies for maximizing the faculty’s success in gaining external research funding;
- To maintain and disseminate current information about relevant research policy areas and initiatives in government, in the professions and in relevant industries, including external funding opportunities;
- To develop strategies to foster research collaborations within the faculty, across faculty and institutes, and with agencies outside the college;
- To work with various departments to establish and develop faculty research priorities on interdisciplinary areas;
- To interact with industry, government, professions and the wider community on all research matters promote faculty research activities to external stakeholders;
- To coordinate faculty level workshops and staff development activities on research-related issues;
- To encourage development of activities to attract the best research oriented higher degree students;
- To maintain effective links with government departments, authorities, business, and commerce and industry organizations relevant to the college research activities.
In order to promote research and development activities, the college extends its full support to students/faculty/staff. Full/Partial financial support is given to all innovative research & development works taken up by the students, faculty and staff members. The college encourages students, faculty and staff to participate in National/International Conferences, Training programmes
The Research and Development cell of the College is working on the following research disciplines.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering